About the Fujifilm Instax 210 polaroid camera:
The ‘Fujifilm Instax 210’ is a huge polaroid camera creating photo’s of about twice the size of a credit card. It’s especially suited to photograph landscapes or larger groups of people. I took the camera with me on trips to Peru and Denmark.
Size: 178.5×117.5×94.5 mm
Weight: 610 gram without battery
Picture size: 62 x 99 mm (price per picture about 0,85 USD)
Price: About 60 USD
What I love:
- The large size and good quality of the photographs
- Two different focus ranges
- Easy to use (also for starting polaroid photographers)
- Comfortable and steady grip
- The lighten-darken control options
- (It also has a close-up lens, but I haven’t used this yet.)
If I was the boss of Fujifilm, I would improve:
- The look. Although, the camera grip is comfortable, the camera look is a bit ‘boring’. Ok, I’d even say ugly (sorry, Mr. designer).
- The electronic flash button. I would love to have the option to the turn off the flash.
- The battery door. I have had two Fujifilm Instax 210 polaroid camera’s and in both camera’s the plastic battery doors came loose. I reckon in time I will have to attach the doors with tape or something.
Instead of the Fujifilm Instax 210 polaroid camera you could also buy …
- For example: the Polaroid Z2300 10MP Digital Instant Print Camera (about 180 USD). These photos don’t have the traditional polaroid look though.
Bunch of Backpackers final verdict:
The Fujifilm Instax 210 polaroid camera is a rather ugly, bulky camera, but it has two important advantages: beautiful, large photos and a fair price. The camera is also far from perfect to take on your travels due to its size, but the photos were worth it.
Want your own?
Find the Fuijilm website here.
Bunch of Backpackers is not affiliated with Fujifilm, nor did it receive any reward for mentioning them. I purchased the camera myself. Views and opinions expressed in this article are my own.
I took the Fujifilm Instax 210 with me to Peru and created this portrait photo essay :)
I also have a smaller polaroid camera. Read the review here.
What do you think of the Fujifilm Instax 210 polaroid camera?