My name is Manouk, but you may also call me BoB (short for Bunch of Backpackers). I’m a medical doctor by profession with a recently obtained Ph.D. degree in medical sciences.
However, I still haven’t found a cure for my travel bug…
Ok, not a very original joke, but hey, it’s true.
I’m an adventurer by heart with a zest for:
- visits to off beat destinations such as Zimbabwe, Tajikistan, Mongolia, Sudan
- history and culture
- city tripping / micro adventures
- independent travel / backpacking
- outdoor activities such as hiking, trekking and camping
- surfing (recently discovered, still at beginner level though)
Oh, and I love karaoke (this might be due to my Korean roots)!
I started my blog ‘Bunch of Backpackers’ in the summer of 2013 to help fellow travelers to make most out of their journeys by sharing stories and tips. Bunch of Backpackers is known for its:
- expert travel advice
- down to earth trip reports
- extraordinary adventures
Want to know more?
To get you started, these are five of my favorite articles:
Interested in working together?