Bunch of Backpackers disclaimer
Updated: September 23rd 2018
Hello! Welcome to the Bunch of Backpackers Disclaimer. No worries, this is just a formality! However, I (Manouk) do advice you to read it.
1. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. Opinions and views expressed in our articles are purely of our own.
2. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct. However, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
3. In no event Bunch of Backpackers shall be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of the loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
4. Bunch of Backpackers may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Bunch of Backpackers does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
5. Not all comments and links in this website have been reviewed. We are not responsible for the contents, nature and availibility of any of such comments and linked sites. Use of links is at the user’s own risk.
6. Bunch of Backpackers is legal copryight holder of all material on our blog unless stated otherwise. It is not allowed to reprint or publish the material (photo’s, articles etc.) without our written consent.
7. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Bunch of Backpackers takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
8. We reserve the right to make changes in comments on the website (for example in case of link placing).
10. Bunch of Backpackers may revise this dislaimer at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version.
Bunch of Backpackers privacy notice
Updated: September 23rd 2018
Bunch of Backpackers is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website bunchofbackpackers.com. You can access bunchofbackpackers.com and browse our site without disclosing any of your personal data. Bunchofbackpackers.com does not collect personal information about individuals, such as names and mailing or e-mail addresses unless it is knowingly provided by the individual and he or she has agreed to the terms under which bunchofbackpackers.com will use it.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is important to us. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information at our sites from those we actually know are under 18, and no part of our site is structured to attract anyone under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of Information
Bunchofbackpackers.com will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We do not automatically log personal data nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals. We may use IP addresses to compile and provide aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns, and administer the site. IP addresses are collected anonymously and are not linked to personally identifiable information. We collect only the personal data that you may volunteer while using our services. We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations.
Information We Collect on You
When you access the Website, the Company will learn certain information about you during your visit if you purposely subscribe to our newsletter of leave a comment. As a business, we collect personal data from you in a number of ways including:
(1.) Newsletter optins: Your name and email address.
(2.) Comments: Your name, email address, and comment. Please note by posting a comment on this Site or in our forum, you consent to the posting of any Personal Information that you provide. You should be aware that such Personal Information can be read, collected, or used by other visitors to these public areas. We have no control over how these visitors use your Personal Information.
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain this Website;
- To improve your experience on this Website;
- To respond to your comments;
- To provide you with user support;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests.
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” and server logs to collect information about how our site is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address (anonymously).
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
The Company reserves the right to use technological equivalents of cookies, including social media pixels. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website. The Company reserves the right to use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We employ commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of the information you provide to us and the information we collect automatically. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party vendors. Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
The Company may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the Company uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
VISITORS’ GDPR RIGHTS
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
We will retain the any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) the Company decides that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
You have the right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
To the extent that you provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
Should you wish to have your information deleted, please email us at bunchofbackpackers[at]gmail[dot]com
External Web Sites
Please note thatbunchofbackpackers.com contains links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage our users to be aware that when they leave our site that you read the privacy statements of each web site that might collect personally identifying information.
Bunchofbackpackers.com may be compensated if you book via links on this website.