About the Fujifilm Instax Mini 25 polaroid camera:
The ‘Fujifilm Instax Mini 25’ is a cool small polaroid camera creating photo’s in the wink of an eye of about the size of a credit card. I also have the larger Fujifilm Instax 210 and I normally take one of the camera’s with me on trips. The small camera on big backpacking trips and the large camera on short backpacking- and city trips. Check out the beautiful polaroid shots I took in Peru for example :)
Size: 112x121x50.5 mm
Weight: 275 gram without battery
Picture size: 62 x 46mm (price per picture about 0,85 USD)
Price: About 80 USD
What I love:
- The design of the camera
- The size (it fits in your handbag) of the camera and the photos
- Many different picture frame options
- Easy to use (also for starting polaroid photographers)
- Comfortable grip
- The lighten-darken control options
- Two shutter buttons (one for vertical images and one for horizontal shooting)
- Fill-in flash mode
- It also has a close-up lens and a (built-in) self-snap mirror, but I rarely use these.
If I was the boss of Fujifilm I would improve:
- Color brightness and vibrancy. Although it’s definitely good enough, the colors of my polaroid photos are never as colorful as those shown on the example photos on the Fujifilm website (not even the photos taken outside). That being said, the photos do have a cool ‘vintage look’
- The electronic flash button. I would love to have a button to the turn the flash off.
Instead of the Fujifilm Instax Mini 25 you could also buy …
- For example: the Polaroid PIC-300P Instant Film Analog Camera (about 100 USD). This camera has more shooting options.
Bunch of Backpackers final verdict:
The Fujifilm Instax Mini 25 polaroid camera is an ideal stylish camera for longer travels and parties etc. because of its size. Both the camera and the instant film packages are affordable and it’s easy to use, so perfect for beginning polaroid photographers.
Want your own?
Find the Fuijilm website here.
Bunch of Backpackers is not affiliated with Fujifilm, nor did it receive any reward for mentioning them. I purchased the camera myself. Views and opinions expressed in this article are my own.
What do you think of the Fujifilm Instax Mini 25 polaroid camera?
Recommended further reading
A Pacsafe portable travel safe: find my review here
A hipster Suit Suit suitcase: find my review here
So retro … amazing how photography has changed over such a short period of time!